The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States of America in the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont, and shall be construed and evaluated according to American law. Do not proceed in this promotion site unless you are a legal resident of, and located in one of the states of Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont.
Official Rules – Irving Energy Winter Getaway (“Official Rules”)
The Irving Energy Winter Getaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Highland Fuels LLC (“Irving Energy”) and administered by WSP International Limited (“Administrators). Irving hereinafter will be referred to as the “Sweepstakes Sponsor.”
Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant’s (“you” or “your”) full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules including the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Basic Information: The Sweepstakes is being offered by Irving Energy in the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Limit one entry per person or household. Once entered into the Sweepstakes, you are eligible to win the prize as described below. Any questions, concerns or comments can be sent via mail by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Irving Energy Winter Getaway, c/o 600 Main Street, #300, Tonawanda, NY 14151-0888.
2. Sweepstakes Dates: The Sweepstakes begins at the start of business on May 1, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”). The Sweepstakes is scheduled to end at the close of business on October 1, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes End Date”). The period from the Sweepstakes Start Date through to the Sweepstakes End Date is known as the “Sweepstakes Period”.
3. Who Can Enter: The Sweepstakes is open to new and existing Irving Energy customers that are legal residents of the USA states Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont who have reached the age of majority as of the Sweepstakes Start Date in the state in which they reside. Employees of Sweepstakes Sponsor, its affiliates and agents, contractors and immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, and spouse) of each employee, together with those persons with whom such employees are domiciled, are not eligible to enter.
4. How to Play and Win: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
A. Existing Customers: If you are an existing Irving Energy customer for services including: residential heating oil and/or residential propane, with a valid Irving Energy account active during the Sweepstakes Period, you will receive one (1) automatic entry into the Sweepstakes. Maximum one (1) entry per person or household.
B. New Customers: If you open a new Irving Energy account during the Sweepstakes period for one of the following services: residential heating oil and/or residential propane, you will receive one (1) automatic entry into the Sweepstakes. Maximum one (1) entry per person or household.
C. No Purchase Entry: To receive one (1) automatic entry into the Sweepstakes without purchase, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with a 3″ x 5″ card which includes your Name, Mailing Address, Email Address and Phone Number and mail to “Irving Energy Winter Getaway No Purchase Request”, c/o 600 Main Street, #300, Tonawanda, NY 14151-0888. Residents of the State of Vermont do not need to include postage. Requests must be received by The Sweepstakes End Date. Limit one no purchase request per person or household. No mechanically reproduced or computer-generated requests allowed.
There is a maximum of one (1) automatic entry per person or household total, regardless of the method of entry.
5. Prizes: There will be three (3) prizes randomly drawn from all automatic entries received during the Sweepstakes period. There will be one (1) Grand Prize drawing to award one (1) prize of a Vacation Getaway, approximate retail value (“ARV”): $5,000.00. There will be one (1) secondary prize drawing to award (1) prize of $500.00 towards Irving Energy home heating fuel. There will be one (1) tertiary drawing to award one (1) prizes of $300.00 towards Irving Energy home heating fuel. All automatic entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be combined and the winners will be drawn from amongst all eligible automatic entries received. Prize drawings will be conducted by the Sweepstakes Sponsor at approximately 4:30 pm ADT on October 2, 2015. Prize Details: Grand Prize Vacation Getaway: Winner will receive $5,000.00 in Travel Gift Cards of varying denominations from a travel agency determined by the Sweepstakes Sponsor. $500.00 and $300.00 Irving Energy Home Heating winners: Will receive a credit of $500.00 or $300.00 to their Irving Energy Account.
A) Notification and Redemption: If you have been drawn as the selected winner for any prize, the Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrators will notify you via e-mail and/or phone. As a condition of awarding the prize, winner must complete, within seven (7) days of receipt, the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s Statement of Compliance, Release, and Indemnity under which, among other matters, winner confirms his/her compliance and eligibility with these Official Rules and releases and indemnifies Sweepstakes Sponsor, Administrators and other certain parties. If a potential winner refuses or fails to return the required documents within seven (7) days of notification, in accordance with these Official Rules, or is found to have violated the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes in any way, or is deemed ineligible to receive a prize for any reason, or if any prize or prize notification from Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrators is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and will be deemed to have forfeited the prize in question and the Sweepstakes Sponsor will hold a drawing to select an alternate prize winner from among the pool of eligible entries received. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on prize award. Prize is nontransferable and no cash substitution, in part or in whole, is allowed except by Sweepstakes Sponsor who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable. Prize will be awarded only to an eligible winner.
Page 2 of 2 | Version Date: 06/07/2015
6. Publicity: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sweepstakes Sponsor to use the winner’s name, likeness, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in any media without limitation and without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. The names of the Prize Winners will be published on the Sweepstakes Sponsor and/or Administrators’ Websites and Social Networking Websites.
7. Odds: Odds of winning any prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
8. Restrictions: The following are prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification from the Sweepstakes: (1) using any method that artificially increases odds of winning; (2) non-compliance with these Official Rules; and (3) any other act which the Sweepstakes Sponsor determines in its sole discretion, jeopardizes the integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes.
9. Privacy: Sweepstakes Sponsor will be collecting personal data about you for the administration of the Sweepstakes and for purposes of internal market research. You may specifically request to be completely removed from participation in the Sweepstakes in accordance with paragraph 12 below. No such personal data will be transferred or sold to any third party except in the following circumstances:
• when you give us permission to do so; • when, in good faith, we believe the law requires disclosure; • to affiliated companies, provided that our affiliated companies and their agents and advisors and their respective employees are restricted from using the information for any other purpose other than as described in these Official Rules; and • to our respective agents for data processing purposes, our respective professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies, provided that such agents, professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than as described in these Official Rules.
Sweepstakes Sponsor may match aggregated, statistical use information to parameters established by third parties, without releasing user information. This information will not contain any personally identifiable information. Sweepstakes Sponsor may share aggregate information with trading partners, co-branded sites, participating sponsors and advertisers; however, this aggregated information will not contain personally identifiable information.
10. Winner’s List: The name of the prize winners and a copy of the complete Official Rules are available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Irving Energy Sweepstakes Winners’ List” or “Irving Energy Sweepstakes Official Rules Request”, c/o 600 Main Street, #300, Tonawanda, NY 14151-0888. Vermont residents may omit postage.
11. General Terms and Conditions; Release and Waiver of Claims: This Sweepstakes is void outside the USA states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont and where prohibited by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. BY ACCEPTING ANY PRIZE, WINNERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR HAS NEITHER MADE, NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, REGARDING ANY AWARDED PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR MECHANICAL CONDITION. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release and hold the Sweepstakes Sponsor and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment agencies and legal advisors (collectively the “Released Parties”), harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, any loss, personal injury, death, property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or from downloading any material from the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s Servers or from any other Internet web site, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sweepstakes Sponsor, or a third party.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGEOR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The Released Parties are further not responsible for: (i) entries that are lost, late, postage-due, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sweepstakes Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules; or (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sweepstakes Sponsor and will not be returned. If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause(s) beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire without regard to its principles of conflicts of law and jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of New Hampshire.
Sweepstakes Sponsor: Irving Energy Distribution, Portsmouth, NH, USA.
Administrators: WSP International Limited, Markham, ON, Canada.