Page 1 of 3 | Version Date: 08/16/2016
RED SOX VIP GIVEAWAY SOCIAL SWEEPSTAKES
– OFFICIAL RULES
The “Red Sox VIP Giveaway Social Sweepstakes” (the “Social Sweepstakes”) is offered by Irving Oil Marketing Inc. (“Irving”) and is administered by WSP International Limited (“Administrators”). Irving Oil Marketing Inc. hereinafter will be referred to as the “Sweepstakes Sponsor”.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY.
General Sweepstakes Information: You may enter the Social Sweepstakes by visiting www.facebook.com/irvingoil and follow the entry instructions in the Social Sweepstakes post to enter for a chance to win the prize as described in Rule 4 below. No purchase is necessary for the Social Sweepstakes (see Rule 3, below). The Social Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any MLB Entity.
Any questions, concerns or comments regarding the Social Sweepstakes can be forwarded in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Red Sox VIP Giveaway Social Sweepstakes, 600 Main Street, #300, Tonawanda, NY 14151-0888”.
1) SWEEPSTAKES DATE: The Social Sweepstakes begins at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“EST”) on August 18, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Start Date”) and is scheduled to end at 11:59:59 PM EST on August 25, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes End Date”). The period from the Sweepstakes Start Date through the Sweepstakes End Date is known as the “Sweepstakes Period”.
2) WHO CAN PLAY: The Social Sweepstakes is open to all legal US residents of the states of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont (the “Sweepstakes Area”) who have reached the legal age of majority, as of the Sweepstakes Start Date, in the state in which they reside. Employees and immediate family members (living in the same household) of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, its affiliates and agents, contractors, the Administrators, the MLB Entities, are not eligible to enter or win. The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM” or “MLB.com”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., BAMTech LLC, The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities. The Social Sweepstakes is void outside of the Sweepstakes Area and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
3) HOW TO PLAY: To enter the Social Sweepstakes, you must have a registered account with Facebook as of the Sweepstakes Start Date which you may obtain for free at www.Facebook.com. With a registered account, visit www.facebook.com/irvingoil and post a comment in response to the Social Sweepstakes post on www.facebook.com/irvingoil. Comments must be submitted pursuant to the (a) Content Restrictions (as set forth in the Content Restrictions section below), and (b) Facebook Terms and Community Standards available at www.facebook.com. By successfully posting, as directed, a comment to remain posted through the Sweepstakes End Date you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Comments hidden or removed from the Sweepstakes post prior to the Sweepstakes End Date will be void. The Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrators will randomly draw from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to award the prize as outlined in Rule 7 below.
Terms of Submission: Facebook account must relate to a single individual. The individual in whose name the Facebook account is registered to, shall be considered the entrant.
Rights Granted by you: By entering the Social Sweepstakes, you agree that: (a) the Administrators, Sweepstakes Sponsor, and their respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right to use all or a part of your entry, your name and address (city and state), anywhere in the world and in perpetuity, for future advertising, trade, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised, without compensation and without notice to you and without consideration, review or approval from you; and (b) You agree that you will not now nor in the future be paid for your entry or for granting the Administrators or Sweepstakes Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Rules.
Content Restrictions: Entrants must not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any entry: (a) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (b) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (c) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (d) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (e) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (f) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on the MLB Entities, their owners and employees, or the game of baseball; (g) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (h) dangerous stunts; (i) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (j) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (k) individuals under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from parent or legal guardian; (l) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.); and (m) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state/territory/province where the entry is created. Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified and eliminated from consideration.
Your Representations and Warranties: By entering the Social Sweepstakes, you represent and warrant that
(a) Your entry, in its entirety, is an original work by you and you have not included third party content in or in connection with your entry without permission;
(b) Your entry will not cause injury or damage to any other person relying upon any instructions contained in your entry;
(c) Your entry, the use thereof by the Sweepstakes Administrators, or the exercise by the Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrators of any of the rights granted by you under these Official Rules, does not and will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, defamation, privacy, publicity, false light, misappropriation, confidentiality, or any contractual or other rights;
Page 2 of 3 | Version Date: 08/16/2016
(d) You have all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the entry and to grant all of the rights that you have grantedunder these Sweepstakes Rules;
(e) All persons who were engaged by you to work on the entry or have contributed to the entry have:
(i) Given you their written consent to submit the entry without claims for payment of any kind; and
(ii) Provided written permission to include their name in or with your entry (or if a minor who is not your child, you must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian) and you may be asked by the Sweepstakes Administrators to provide such permission in writing to the Sweepstakes Administrators; and
4) WINNER SELECTION AND SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE: There will be two (2) random Sweepstakes prize drawings held at 9:00:00 AM EST on August 26, 2016, to select two (2) potential winners from among all eligible entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Social Sweepstakes. The decisions of Sweepstakes Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes prizes include two (2) tickets for winner and one (1) guest for the Boston Red Sox home game played on September 17, 2016, at Fenway Park; a pre-game tour of the ballpark for winner and his/her one (1) guest; the opportunity for winner and his/her one (1) guest to participate in a player meet and greet on the date of the game at the ballpark with one (1) Boston Red Sox player determined by Sweepstakes Sponsor at its sole discretion; the opportunity for winner and his/her one (1) guest to attend a reception with food and beverages, on the date of the game at the ballpark; and two (2) gift bags consisting of merchandise and/or memorabilia item((s) determined by Sweepstakes Sponsor at its sole discretion. Approximate retail value of $500.00 USD. Winner and guest are responsible for travel to and from Fenway Park and all expenses incurred at the Boston Red Sox game, unless specified herein. The exact nature and duration of the player meet and greet, pre-game tour, and the reception shall be determined by Sweepstakes Sponsor at its sole discretion and subject to availability. Seat locations at the game shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sweepstakes Sponsor. Winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the applicable Major League Baseball Club, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of the prize will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played or held, as applicable, due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable ballpark and venue, as applicable, regulations in connection with the prize. Sweepstakes Sponsor and the applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game, event or exhibition. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game, event or exhibition ticket(s).
Prize winner will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period at the offices of the Sweepstakes Sponsor.
5) NOTIFICATION AND REDEMPTION: If you have been selected as a potential winner of the Sweepstakes drawing described above, the Sweepstakes Sponsor will contact you via private message through the Facebook application or other contact information you provided to the Sweepstakes Sponsor. If the selected potential winner does not respond to the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s or Administrators’ notification within seven days (7) days of the prize drawing and the Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrators has made two (2) separate contact attempts, the potential winner will be disqualified and a new potential winner may be selected by random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries.
As a condition of awarding any Sweepstakes prize, winner must sign and return, within three (3) days of receipt, the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s Release Form confirming his/her compliance with these Official Rules and releasing the Sweepstakes Sponsor, Administrators, the MLB Entities, each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and the directors, officers, partners, dealers, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, from and against any and all liability arising from or in connection with participation in the Social Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the prize (or any portion thereof). The winner must also provide proof of identity to a valid representative of the Sweepstakes Sponsor or Administrators. If a potential winner fails to return the required documents and provide proof of identity in accordance with these Rules, or is found to have violated the rules of the Social Sweepstakes in any way, or if any prize or prize notification from the Sweepstakes Sponsor is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and will be deemed to have forfeited the prize in question. In the case of forfeit, the Sweepstakes Sponsor may hold a random drawing to select an alternate prize winner. Prize will be delivered to the winner’s home address or available for pick up at Will Call at Fenway Park.
Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on prize award. All costs and expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
6) ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7) LIST OF WINNERS/COPY OF RULES: The name of the prize winner and a copy of the complete Official Rules are available by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Red Sox VIP Giveaway Social Sweepstakes, 600 Main Street, #300, Tonawanda, NY 14151-0888”.
Please specify “Rules” and/or “Winners’ List” with your request.
8) PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Sponsor and MLB Entities, to use the winner’s name, likeness, voice and/or comments for advertising, trade or promotional purposes worldwide in commerce and in any media without limitation or additional compensation unless prohibited by law. The name of the Social Sweepstakes prize winner may be published in the Sweepstakes Sponsor’s media following verification of prize winner.
Page 3 of 3 | Version Date: 08/16/2016
9) RESTRICTIONS: The following are prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification from the Social Sweepstakes: (1) using any method that artificially increases odds of winning; (2) non-compliance with these Official Rules; and (3) any other act which the Sweepstakes Sponsor determines in its sole discretion, jeopardizes the integrity or proper conduct of the Social Sweepstakes.
10) PRIVACY: Sweepstakes Sponsor will be collecting personal data about you for the administration of the Social Sweepstakes and for purposes of internal market research. No such personal data will be transferred or sold to any third party except in the following circumstances:
• when you give us permission to do so; • when, in good faith, we believe the law requires disclosure; • to affiliated companies, provided that our affiliated companies and their agents and advisors and their respective employees are restricted from using the information for any other purpose other than as described in these Official Rules; and • to our respective agents for data processing purposes, our respective professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies, provided that such agents, professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than as described in these Official Rules.
Sweepstakes Sponsor may match aggregated, statistical use information to parameters established by third parties, without releasing user information. This information will not contain any personally identifiable information. Sweepstakes Sponsor may share aggregate information with trading partners, co-branded sites, participating sponsors and advertisers; however, this aggregated information will not contain personally identifiable information.
11) GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Participation in the Social Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant’s (“you” or “your”) full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules including the decisions of the Sweepstakes Sponsor, which are final with respect to all matters relating to the Social Sweepstakes. This Social Sweepstakes is void outside the jurisdictions specified in these Rules and where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or withdraw the Social Sweepstakes or to amend these Official Rules at any time, without prior notice. Unless otherwise noted, all taxes, fees and all other expenses and surcharges on prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner, except as provided herein. The Sweepstakes Sponsor and MLB Entities make no representations or warranties regarding any awarded prize. By participating in the Social Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold the Sweepstakes Sponsor, any Prize suppliers, Administrators, the MLB Entities, Facebook, each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment agencies, legal advisors and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Social Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize or participation in prize-related activities, including without limitation, any loss, personal injury, death, property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
All entries and prize claims received become the property of the Sweepstakes Sponsor and will not be returned. Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the Social Sweepstakes.
The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries, requests or prize claims. The Released Parties are further not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sweepstakes Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Social Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules; or (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Social Sweepstakes. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. If for any reason the Social Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Social Sweepstakes, or if the Social Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Social Sweepstakes Sponsors and/or Administrators reserve the right to terminate the Social Sweepstakes.
12) All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, administered, executed or produced by any MLB Entity. Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved..
Sweepstakes Sponsor: Irving Oil Marketing, Inc., Portsmouth, NH 03801.
Sweepstakes Administrators: WSP International Limited, Markham, ON, L3R 6G4.