Propane and Heating Oil Variable (Market) Pricing: Reasons for and Against
When you choose to pay a variable price for your heating oil and propane, the price you pay is the price per gallon at the day of your delivery. Heating oil and propane prices fluctuate up and down daily because of many market factors. What are the reasons for and against choosing to pay a variable price?
|Reasons to Go Variable||Reasons Not to Go Variable|
|• You don’t want to pay for the additional costs with fixed pricing or downside protection|
• You don’t want to sign a legal contract
• Heating oil and propane prices are unpredictable, and you don’t want to make any commitments since prices might drop
• Knowing exactly the price you’ll pay for fuel is not very important to you
|• You want to know exactly what you'll pay per gallon in heating fuel
• You want to know your fuel cost so you can budget
• You’re uncomfortable with not knowing how much your next heating oil or propane delivery will cost
Whatever you decide, Irving Energy encourages you to have all the facts and weigh the benefits so you can make a decision that’s right for you. Take comfort in knowing that Irving will provide you with the resources and information you need to make the best possible decision this heating season. If you have any questions and want to talk to a knowledgeable Irving representative, feel free to give us a call at 1.888.310.1924. We’re here to help.
View our heating oil and propane price protection plan and payment options. And, check out our other articles on price protection or answer the question: is heating oil and propane price protection right for me?
Leave a Reply
Posted on May 31, 2011