Propane and Heating Oil Price Protection Plans – Is it Right for You?
It’s impossible to know exactly where propane and heating oil prices will end up. So if you can’t base your heating oil or propane price protection decision on where heating fuel prices will go, then what questions should you ask yourself?
For some homeowners, price protection is beneficial no matter where prices are headed. A price protection plan lets you know exactly how much you can expect to pay to heat your home. This makes it a lot easier for homeowners to budget their expenses.
Here are five questions to help you decide if price protection is right for you:
- Knowing that you can’t predict the future price of heating oil or propane, how important is it for you to know what you will pay per gallon in the upcoming heating season?
- Do you typically pay for large purchases all at once or in equalized monthly payments?
- Would you feel frustrated if a high-priced item went on sale after you bought it?
- Do you typically pay a little extra for insurance when you purchase items like major household appliances or electronics?
- Do you set and stick to a budget for your expenses or do you like to pay for things as they come up?
The more you answered “yes” to these questions, the more you should consider locking in your heating oil or propane price this year. If you’re still undecided, then be sure to check out or Interactive Decision Tool, where you can find out if price protection is right for you.
Take comfort in knowing that Irving Energy will provide you with the resources and information you need to make the best possible decision this upcoming heating season. If you have any questions and want to talk to a knowledgeable Irving representative, feel free to give us a call at 1.888.310.1924. We’re here to help.
View our heating oil and propane price protection plan and payment options. And, check out our other articles on price protection or answer the question: is heating oil and propane price protection right for me?
Posted on May 31, 2011