Propane and Heating Oil Fixed Pricing: Reasons for and Against
When you fix your heating oil or propane price, your per gallon fuel price is locked in until a specified date in your contract or until you have consumed the gallons purchased in your contract. No matter where fuel prices go, your price remains the same.
What are the reasons for and against heating oil and propane fixed pricing this year?
|Reasons to Sign Up||Reasons Not to Sign Up|
|• Uncertainty in heating oil and propane prices|
• You don’t want to gamble with you home finances
• You don’t want to risk the price of heating oil or propane increasing
• You want the peace of mind of knowing exactly what you’ll pay for home heating
• Knowing your fuel price makes it easier for you to budget
|• You don’t want to lose out if the price of heating oil or propane drops, and get stuck paying a higher price
• Although no one knows where prices are headed, they can certainly drop throughout the heating season
• You would prefer to see what happens with the price of heating oil or propane rather than locking in a set price
• You don’t want to sign a legal contract for price protection
Whatever you decide, Irving Energy encourages you to have all the facts and weigh the benefits so you can make a decision that’s right for you. Take comfort in knowing that Irving will provide you with the resources and information you need to make the best possible decision this heating season. If you have any questions and want to talk to a knowledgeable Irving representative, feel free to give us a call at 1.888.310.1924. We’re here to help.
View our heating oil and propane price protection plan and payment options. And, check out our other articles on price protection or answer the question: is heating oil and propane price protection right for me?
Posted on May 31, 2011